Wednesday 5 February 2014

Hard Riddles - Page 1


What goes down the cellar with four legs, but comes back with eight?
Answer: A mouser (cat and mouse)

You seek it out, when your hunger's ripe. It sits on four legs, and smokes a pipe. What is it?
Answer: A wood stove

With sharp edged wit and pointed poise, it can settle disputes without making a noise. What is it?
Answer: Sword

From house to house I go, sometimes narrow, sometimes wide. And whether there's rain or snow I always stay outside.
Answer: A path

What is it that makes tears without sorrow and takes its journey to heaven?
Answer: Smoke

Always invisible, yet never out of sight. What are they?
Answer: The letters I and S

I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul.
Answer: A piano

I make you weak at the worst of all times. I keep you safe, I keep you fine. I make your hands sweat, and your heart grow cold, I visit the weak, but seldom the bold. What am I?
Answer: Fear

It is in a rock but not in a stone, it is in marrow but not in a bone. It is in a bolster but not in a bed, it is not living, nor is it dead.
Answer: The letter R

What do you use to "hoe a row, slay a foe, and wring with woe"?
Answer: Your hands


No comments:

Post a Comment